Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NUS LOVE STORY - PART 1

Second year will soon come to a close. Soon we would all be going to third year. Might be promoting should be more appropriate. My almost two years in DISCS really have memories that I will always keep in my mind. So many things had happened; so many lessons were learnt; so many things had changed. I had changed. She changed too. So had the peoples who are after her. The life in Comp Science was really tough. There are only a few more months to plough through before the final year. As I look back at my almost two short years here, I felt a sense of remorse and regret. I did not make full use of my time here. I had done many wrong things and did not do other things that I should have. And I am not going to let the third year just slip past like that. Perhaps if I can change history I would. I really hope I could.

First day in campus was chaotic. I found an army friend who took Comp Science too. We 'buddied' up and took the new challenge of navigating out life in NUS together. He was a very playful person and is always full of life and vigor. He pulled me to attend the NUSSU Hop and Jam. We really let our hair loose and danced crazily. I enjoyed myself at the hop. That was where I met her. She had gone to the hop with a group of friends too. I saw her during the jam and eyed her when the hop started. She is different from the girl I had before from my last failed relationship. She is jovial, sexy, playful and looked good too.

“Hey, that chick you are eyeing is not bad. Go for it man!”, Ken supported.

I danced and moved myself towards her group of friends with Ken tailing behind. I moved towards her slowly as by chance.

"Hi, can I dance with you?", I asked.

She just smiled and her friends looked on. I felt so embarrassed that I hope the ground would just open up and swallow me. Of course, the more experienced Ken came to my rescue.

“Hi everybody! Ken is my name and dancing is my game. My buddy is Min. Can we join in?”

The other girls just giggled. She looked at me and I took the cue. We joined them and danced in a circle. My eyes were fixed on her most of the time. She looked better in the flashing lights. Her hair is silky soft, her skin fair and unblemished. Her smile is gorgeous. Her eyes are hypnotizing. Her figure is sexy as can be seen by her skin cladding black one-piece. Who would not like her?

Amidst the loud blaring of the speakers, I managed to find out a few things about her. She is from Comp Science too and like me, a freshie. She stayed in Bukit Merah, quite close to NUS. She was from a good college and had chosen to study Law but could not make it and was posted to her second choice instead. We danced until almost eleven when the girls decided to go back. I seized the chance to send her back. She was reluctant at first but I insisted.

The other girls looked on with suspicious eyes but who cares! Ken was careful to make sure I go back with her alone by treating the other girls to a drink at Clementi. I still have not paid Ken the $7+ that he spent that night with the 3 girls. The journey to her place was awkward but memorable. My heart was beating very fast and I hope she could not hear my nervousness. My speech was slurred and not coherent. She giggled at my nervousness and stupidity. I guess that was why she like about meat first. I asked her many questions on the way. She was careful not to reveal too many details and worse, she just would not give me her telephone number.

I sent her back to her door.

She turned around and said, "You are the first guy who send me back on the first date. The others were so..... so ungentlemanly." My heart soared.

She smiled sweetly and opened her door. Needless to say, her family was all asleep. Before closed the wooden door.

She whispered, "You are very cute. See you tomorrow!" Having said that, she smiled her thousand dollar smile and closed the door gently.

It took me quite sometime to register what she said. I felt giddy and very very happy. I do not even mind the $8+ that I spent on taxi fare back to Hougang.

One day we went to Marina Bay on a Saturday afternoon after the lectures. We stayed there until late into the evening seven plus. The gentle breeze blew against our face, stinging our eyes with the sea salt it brought along. She sat beside me and laid her head on my chest. I held her soft body and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. I toyed with her hair and combed them off her forehead and tried many different hair styles with her beautiful face.

"That felt very nice." She whispered softly and looked into my eyes.

I stared into her big beautiful eyes. My heart began to pound quickly and loudly. She smiled and closed her eyes, her lips parting slightly. I moved my lips to meet hers and savored the succulent and reddish pink lips. Her welcoming tongue was the more curious tongue. Both of us can tell that the other one was experienced in this act of love. Perhaps she is more experienced. After a minute or so, both of us were breathless. We stopped our first kiss. She closed her eyes for a while as if saying a prayer. She opened them and looked at me straight into my eyes.

I held her closer and asked,"What are you thinking of?"

"Nothing. Just hold me now". She closed her eyes again and cuddled into my arms.

I felt happy but strange.

I asked her, "Do you love me?" She was startled.

She stared at my eyes as and searched for words to say. After a while she got up from her reclining position and sat upright, pushing her hair back and looked out into the sea..

"You are the not first one I ever love. But I love you very much. Please know and remember that." Tears streamed down her cheeks like strings of pearls against the park lamps.

"Lisa, why do you cry? Have I said something wrong today?"

"No. It's just that I am overwhelmed by feelings. I hate to lie to you but I feel that I couldn't hide it from you either"

"Hide what? Is there something you want to tell me? Is it about your secretiveness? " I asked expectantly.

I know this day would happen. She would tell me her story and her secretiveness. "I actually had three relationships before." She said weakly. I had expected her to have a relationship before but not three!

"Are you shock? Hello?"

"No... I... I just... I am just surprised" She closed her eyes and more silent tears flowed.

I knew she was crying silently inside. I held her close and felt the warmth that spreads through her body to mine. I was at lost what to say. I just held her and waited for her sobbing to stop.



No comments: